My journey though paper, glue and lots of bling!

Jun 13, 2010

Sweeny Todd

Well for those of you who saw this post yesterday all wonky, now you all know how I start my posts. Just a bunch of jibberish with a picture or two to be finished later usually. However, this one posted and I hadn't gotten back to it. WHOOPS! But now, onto the REAL posting. This is for the challenge over at the Burtonesque Dolls blog. The challenge is to base it on the movie Sweeny Todd. When I saw the Bathing Beauty digi at Tiddly Inks last week, before this challenge even posted, I instantly thought of this scene from Sweeny Todd so I knew I had to go buy her when this challenge posted.

I think I'm due for a new camera, photos are taking blurry so please excuse the blurryness on this card but here's my take on the challenge.
I even colored Bathing Beauties hair like Johnny Depps in this movie. My paper is some skulls I got at Hobby Lobby awhile ago and some black and red card stock scraps. I colored my little goth girl with colored pencils and moonlight Smooch paint.
You can kind of see the shimmer of the Smooch in the above picture.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the boarders and a stamp from My Favorite Things Twisted Sentiments set. I inked the edges with some black soot Distress Ink as well.

2 comments:

Betty Boo! said...

How cute! What an awesome idea coloring her up like Todd! Thank you for joining us this week at The Burtonesque Dolls!

Betty

Eulanda said...

Oh I CAN see the Smooch! I like this image and your whole idea is so very clever! Great card! Thanks for joining us dolls at TBD challenge this week!
Hugs!
Eulanda

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Copyright © Scraptastic Voyage | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com