My journey though paper, glue and lots of bling!

Jun 25, 2010

Burtonesque Challenge

The challenge #8 this week over at the Burtonesque Dolls blog was to make a toe tag with Beetle Juice the movie as inspiration. I took this to the literal sense using the picture below of Lyida as my inspiration.
I had just gotten my fun Simply Betty stamps in the mail and of course wanted to use them. So I stamped Rio out and colored her up.
I added a little bit of diamond Stickles to the skulls on her headband and choker necklace. I also added some silver Smooch paint to the edges of her dress.
I used so gray Core'dination card stock which I crumpled and sanded and then ran through the cuttlebug with the script folder and sanded some more. I tried to give this a headstone feel but I don't really like the look of the Black Epoxy words that say Beetle Juice.
I added some red and black ribbon to the top of the headstone and I have my toe tag.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Too cute, one of my very favorite movies!!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Very cute tag! Rio is such a fun image to play with!
Thanks for playing along with us this week.

Andrea C said...

Very cool tag, love the headstone, very effective x

Betty Boo! said...

Wow awesome headstone! Rio looks beautiful! I love the colors and the heart embellie! Thank you for joining us at TBD this week!

Betty

Eulanda said...

First off - love the image!!! SBS are sooo fun! And your project is a perfect interpretation!! Great job and thanks for joining us dolls at TBD challenge this week!
Hugs!

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Copyright © Scraptastic Voyage | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com