My journey though paper, glue and lots of bling!

Jan 19, 2010

Hope you have a HULA of a good time!

My mom and 6 of her close friends are going on a cruise, leaving this Wednesday (I should call Carnival Cruise and warn them) and wanted to send her off with a cute little Bon Voyage card. What a more perfect set then the Tropical Birthday girl from Skipping Stones Design.


I reached deep into my paper crate and found this cool Hawaiian flower paper that I bought years ago. It sadly didn't have a vendor on it and I matched it with some blue card stock. I used a new embossing folder that I got from QuickKuts on the 1st blue matting. My little hula girl is colored with water color pencils and decked out with lots of bling and a cute little bow. My favorite part of this card is her hula skirt. I made it hula.




I may have been better off posting a video to show you how cute this is but you get the general idea. I very loosely put a brad into the full stamped image and cut the skirt off another stamped image and added a glue dot to the head of the brad and adhered the skirt.




I realized that sticking it directly to the matting made it no longer hula so I had to pop dot the white hula girl paper onto the blue matting to keep her a wigglin'!

Bon Voyage Mommy & Have a HULA of a good time!

1 comments:

mE said...

Oh MY LANDS.... what a fabulous idea to jiggle the skirt like that! You ROCK! I'm going to have to try that out now!

~Inky Smiles!
Erin

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Copyright © Scraptastic Voyage | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com